The Business Intelligence Group has named Aurora Labs, provider of Vehicle Software Intelligence (VSI) for connected, autonomous, and electric vehicles, winner of the Public Relations And Marketing Excellence Award, which identifies the leading agencies and corporate departments who delivered quantifiable business results.
The award was presented to the Aurora Labs’ Marketing team for its Automotive OTA Updates Cost Consideration Guide. The Guide, written in conjunction with the leading analyst firm Guidehouse Insights, addresses the growing and sometimes hidden, costs of leveraging over-the-air updating technology to keep vehicles updated with fixes and new features.
The number of over-the-air software updates is growing in correlation with the:
- More than one-fifth of industry experts expect software sales to account for at least ten percent of carmakers’ sales as early as 2027
- More than half (53%) of respondents expect setback for electric offensive due to semiconductor shortage
- 45% of respondents expect each connected vehicle to receive up to six OTA updates per year from 2025 onwards
- The increased amount of software code in the car
- The fact that updates will be done for the entire car, and not just the infotainment system and telematics control unit
- Software is going from a cost center to a revenue stream. Tesla has taught us that
“We are honoured that the Business Intelligence Group recognized the Aurora Labs’ Marketing team with this award. The program proved to be influential helping automotive manufacturers truly understand the growing costs of updating vehicles Over-The-Air. Incorporating a cost simulator into the Guide was a key component of making this program successful in generating new sales leads and instilling an increased interest from our current automotive manufacturer customers and prospects,” said Roger Ordman, EVP, Marketing, Aurora Labs.
According to Maria Jimenez, Chief Nominations Officer, Business Intelligence Group, “The past year has presented tough challenges for marketing and public relations teams in creating messages and campaigns that resonate with their customers in these unprecedented times. This year’s group of winners is marked by extraordinary individuals who delivered extraordinary work in extraordinary times”.